CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2020 Intern - CNN Visuals & Interactives TeamLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 175244BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Bring a positive attitude, creativity, a unique vision and overall good energy and presence to the CNN Digital News Design team, with a willingness to learn and adapt to the variety of subject matters that a worldwide news organization has to offer.
You'll work under the pressures of tight deadlines and the demands of the daily news cycle and more in-depth assignments.
Clearly communicate creative ideas and executions for our editorial content.
Have a great sense of play and creative problem solving.
Every week, interns will have an assignment to execute; from immersive interactive pages to illustrations, news graphics, data visualization, and viral-worthy social graphics.
Each intern will incorporate the feedback given by CNN editors, writers, designers, directors and team leads across the globe.
Interns will be invited to present their body of work to the larger CNN Digital team at the end of their time with us.
- Ideate, design and illustrate for:
- A variety of subject matters ranging from the daily news cycle to topics like in-depth reports across politics, health, travel, entertainment and many more, using traditional styles as well as photo-based designs and illustrations.
- News graphics, including data visualization
- Motion graphics
- Communicate and work with other designers as well as our editorial counterparts.
- Work in a global network.
- Working on or having an Associates, BA/BS or BFA/MFA degree in illustration, graphic design, fine arts or relevant field.
- Solve creative problems and demands by designing and illustrating the wide range CNN Digital has to offer in a variety of styles including traditional, digital, photo, news graphics, data viz, interactive and motion design.
- Good communications skills, a willingness to learn and to work in a team setting.
- A strong visual portfolio that showcases a variety of abilities with a potential for growth.
- Adept in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and possibly After Effects.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS