CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2019 Intern - Digital NowLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 168003BR Apply Now
- You will be a hands-on member of the breaking news team, helping us cover major events for a very large number of readers.
- You will write short news items backed by CNN's award-winning reporting and monitor and highlight key moments from on-air interviews and press conferences.
- You'll help maintain the editorial calendar and pre-produce planned events such as major hearings on Capitol Hill, storms, interviews, town halls, and award shows.
- You'll also help us stay vigilant as we monitor Twitter and internal sources for emerging news and make decisions whether to cover.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who works well in a fast-paced environment under pressure and on deadline, has good news judgement and is a true team player.
- You should have an insatiable appetite for breaking news and be familiar with the major players in politics, with an ability to track constantly changing and emerging newsmakers and storylines.
- While we work what might be considered "normal" hours, you should expect to worksome nights and occasional weekends as the news permits.The news doesn't stop at 5 p.m., oftentimes it is just getting started.
- You should be technically proficient, familiar with Twitter, and not afraid to learn new software, websites or tools.
- You should be a good writer with a general familiarity of AP style.
- You should know how to write a headline, and a sharp, precise paragraph that captures the nut of the story.
- You should know how to identify a key photo or moment in video and be comfortable with basic photo and video editing.
Program dates are June 3rd to August 9th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($15/hour), up to 40 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS