CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sr. UX DesignerLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171567BR Apply Now
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
CNN Digital is hiring a Senior UX Designer! You will be a member of CNN's world-class Digital News Platform and Services team (DNPS), which is responsible for creating industry-leading storytelling tools.
As a senior member of the DNPS product design team, you have the opportunity to re-imagine the content publishing platform that powers the connection between our journalists and our audiences. We are in the early stages of discovery for this new product, and you will have a lot of influence over the future of the tools.
- You will drive early-stage user interviews, feature discovery, wireframes and usability testing.
- You will collaborate with talented members of a cross-functional team made of product managers, engineers, and editorial partners to create efficient workflows and intuitive storytelling tools, while building a best-in-class platform.
- Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize product features.
- Conduct regular user research sessions with editorial users.
- Perform usability tests and draw insights to make informed recommendations.
- Collaborate with Product, Tech and Delivery.
- Play a role in shaping the future of CNN's publishing platform by collaborating with stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new features and functionalities.
- 5+ years' experience as an UX designer in Digital Media/Technology industries.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Zeplin.
- Experience with supporting a distributed team.
- Ability to develop insightful and engaging presentations and other methods for communicating insights across multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble environment which can pivot very quickly to reflect the changing needs of the company or industry.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work.
- Enterprise application or platform experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS