Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Tech Director - CNN PoliticsLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 172206BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This is an exciting position for a leading global news provider. The Sr. Technical Director, CNN Politics ensures technical execution, planning, advice, support, and mentoring as well as direct management of Technical Managers and Architects, and indirect management of 10+ developers. The Sr. Technical Director partners with other Technology, Product, Design and Delivery Leaders to help teams deliver on product initiatives and operational execution. The Sr. Technical Director offers expert recommendations for tools, strategies, best practices and software lifecycle processes and solutions to help create, enable and support delivery of solutions.
- Provide technical leadership in support of CNN Politics and Election products.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production. This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth and technical skills across the development teams.
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs.
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
- Provide management oversight to Tech Managers, Architects, Lead Developers and other senior IT professionals.
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Product, Design and Editorial teams.
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture.
- Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities.
- Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions.
- Drive for strategy and technology planning.
- Continually identify and implement cost and productivity gains.
- Actively mentor applications development professionals to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of partner's and organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Conduct information-sharing sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming technical initiatives.
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise.
- More than 10 years development experience in web, mobile or video technologies.
- More than 5 years directly managing teams of development resources.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS