Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Software DeveloperLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171515BR Apply Now
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
It's not about the level. It's about you. We don't want to put you in a box. We want you to break it. You will work in an environment of focused teams who are highly collaborative. Sharing experiences and skills across these teams strengthens us and our products.
- Full stack web development; focusing on component based development in React and contributing to shared repository of components.
- Integration with internal publishing systems, code utilities and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a part in the Agile process for planning, estimating, and execution.
- Serve as a tech lead on a delivery team as needed to provide guidance on technical solutions.
- Brainstorm implementation ideas and solutions around business requirements.
- Code in accordance with industry best practices and participate in the code review process, mentoring other developers and documentation.
- Deliver bug free and efficient code and write unit tests against logic.
- NodeJS and experience with a framework such as Express.
- Front end styling and templating - HTML, SASS/CSS.
- Git Version Control and working knowledge of the Github Flow model.
- Unit and automated testing experience and adhere to coding best practices.
- Experience with AWS and Cloud technologies.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Be a coach to other developers in your orbit.
- Good to haves - Docker / Containerization - Experience with RESTful API's - GraphQL / Apollo - Automated build tools - CircleCI / Jenkins - D3.js / Data Visualization
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS