CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sr. Manager, Ad Product Strategy and Development - CNN DigitalLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 166171BR Apply Now
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, is best known as the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, truTV, Turner Sports, Great Big Story and so much more! With cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
What part will you play?
CNN Digital is looking for an enthusiastic, focused individual to help develop, execute and scale new ideas into incredible products that will drive our digital ad business. The Senior Manager, Ad Product will be responsible for developing data driven audience products that combine CNN’s reach with AT&T’s rich consumer data to create impactful cross-platform solutions for brands.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative thinker with knowledge and passion for programmatic and data driven technologies. This position will responsible for the development and execution of ad products in both the advanced TV and digital advertising space. This position is based in New York.
What will you be doing?
- Set a vision for our audience and programmatic ad strategy, drawing heavily on empathy for the modern news consumer and a strong command of our metrics and goals
- Develop, manage and execute on an audience inventory product vision, strategy and plan for the advertising business across all devices/platforms (web, mobile, and advanced TV), working with various stakeholder groups across product, technology, finance, operations and sales
- Own the product vision, strategy and execution of our audience forecasting efforts while partnering with cross-functional teams to improve our ability to target demo, custom and interest-based audiences
- Own the product efforts around the prioritization, definition and roadmap of our order management and billing tools
- Partner with our sales and revenue operations teams to own the definition, structure and deployment of our holistic inventory taxonomy and the subsequent strategies behind audience hierarchy
- Collaborate on the product design, definition, strategy and execution of our Audience Graph, partnering closely with our data strategy and innovation team as they build out functionality
- Partner with our pricing and planning sales groups to strategize and develop products that improve utilization across all CNN advertising revenue streams
- Partner with our advertising operations group to ensure accurate delivery, minimize liability and perpetually aim to improve audience delivery within the platform
- Own the product vision, strategy and execution of audience data products within our DMP as it relates to CNN’s business
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, engineering teams and business stakeholders to ensure coordination and completion of various responsible products
- Clearly articulate your strategic vision for the product, its success and failure and timelines.
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams to track and manage projects timely and effectively
- Work closely with vendors to understand revenue and growth opportunity, deeply understand integration and development requirements, and communicate timelines and associated risks and dependencies
What do we require from you?
- 7+ years of digital media and product management experience
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions & feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and the latest trends in advanced TV and digital media
- Experience with and knowledge of programmatic advertising and automated buying technologies
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and trade-offs
- Experience setting up processes for project intake and monitoring of and reporting on product health and success
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,Twitter andFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS