Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sr. Business Coordinator - Great Big StoryLocation New York, United States Job ID 161359BR Apply Now
Great Big Story is a video network dedicated to telling real stories about the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. Humans are extraordinary. Our team is no exception. You can find Great Big Stories here and here and here plus here but also everywhere.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play, and what will you be doing?
The Senior Business Operations Coordinator is a key member of the Great Big Story operations team ensuring the efficient management of all back-end administrative processes and systems, and provide senior leadership with financial insights as they relate to business operations. As the key interface between Great Big Story and larger CNN/Turner shared services, this position will work directly with senior leadership in two key areas of responsibility.
- Vendor setup and relationship management
- Invoice processing and payment tracking
- Employee expense submission processing
- Employee onboarding logistics
- Train new employees on company system, including creating training materials
- Process vacation requests
- Work with senior leadership to communicate new corporate policies and processes as they relate to expense reporting, vacations, etc.
- Manage a variety of production/shoot calendars and databases
- Maintain a variety of third party production resources, including transcription services, footage/image subscriptions, online accounts and more
Reporting and analysis:
- Assist with production budget management and reporting
- Liase with the finance department to request and collect financial reports
- Maintain and provide update to date expense reporting
- Conduct financial analysis to provide leadership with insights into budget management The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a larger team, be pro-active and able to prioritize, while handling the ever-changing demands of a fluid production environment.
This position represents the full creative production staff and Senior Leadership staff, interacting with department employees, senior management, other business units and Corporate, as well as numerous internal and external clients which requires a high level of diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
What do we need from you?
- Business bachelor degree preferred and/or relevant work experience
- TV/Video/Film production experience desirable
- Five years of strong project management support experience
- Understanding of the production aspect of media
- Financial background and fluency with numbers
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) a must
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to computer systems and change
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills are required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to manage many projects/tasks at once
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.