CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2020 Intern - Great Big Story Programming & SocialLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 173938BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
The Great Big Story programming team touches every part of the company-from creative editorial and production, to digital publishing and distribution, to business and product development. The social team is an integral part of GBS, creating platform-specific content that engages fans and brings the voice of Great Big Story to your feed. For our intern, we're looking for a social media obsessed writer and maker who is just as comfortable pitching, creating and scheduling posts for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter as they are mining Imgur, Reddit and YouTube for trends, ideas and engagement metrics.
- Assist in scripting and editing video into social cuts for Instagram (Feed, IGTV & Stories), Facebook & Twitter.
- Writing and scheduling posts across all GBS social media handles
- Researching, pitching and helping produce social-only series
- Editing thumbnails, creating gifs and selecting and editing photos for social distribution Investigating digital trends, conducting competitive research, mining fan comments/reactions and threads for useful insights
- Candidates should be passionate about storytelling and social media platforms.
- Able to multitask.
- Have a good attitude.
- Be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands.
Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS