CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2018 CNN Intern - Great Big Story Public RelationsLocation New York, United States Job ID 160830BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What will you be doing?
The intern will support day-to-day media relations activities, including research, pitching Great Big Stories to relevant blogs and websites, monitoring coverage pickup and producing daily clips reports. Additionally, the intern will support partnership activities involving, but not limited to film festivals, industry events and content licensing deals. This internship will offer the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills across the communications spectrum and will help the candidate understand the role of PR within a fast-paced, startup environment.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about the media and in particular, how original video storytelling plays an important role in the work of many publishers (both digital and traditional). The intern should be motivated to get involved right away, ask questions, manage multiple projects and bring a positive attitude that reflects an interest in personal as well as professional development. Additional qualifications include:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, with a major related to public relations, journalism, broadcast or digital media
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Proficient research and organizational skills
- Immediate exposure to the inner workings of a GREAT startup
- Opportunities to collaborate across departments (both within Great Big Story and the broader Turner network of companies)
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship