CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2018 CNN Intern - Great Big Story ProductionLocation New York, United States Job ID 160832BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What will you be doing?
The Digital Studios Production intern will assist with video equipment management, video workflow improvements and the production of original video. This internship position will be an opportunity to learn a wide range of skills over the course of the program.
Tasks may include:
- Assist in the management, basic maintenance and organization of video gear
- Help design and build studio sets for in-house productions.
- Research new technology/equipment that will improve prove the production/post-production processes.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise with video gear, editing systems/hardware and other production equipment.
- Assist in the general organization of the office to ensure productions can happen seamlessly.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship