CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2018 CNN Intern - Creative Brand Marketing/Public RelationsLocation New York, United States Job ID 160761BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What does our department do?
CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across cable, satellite, radio, wireless devices and the Internet in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The primary role of the CNN Communications Department is to publicize and promote CNN programming, talent and core-brand attributes across all of its platforms. Interns support the daily needs of the Communications Department in the NY Bureau, which includes publicists, the Creative Brand Marketing team and the Event Marketing team.
What will you be doing?
- Tasks our interns may be asked to perform include, but are not limited to:
- Compiling & distributing daily press clippings
- Conducting research for Publicists and the Creative Brand Marketing Team
- Building & maintaining media lists
- Drafting and editing press releases, pitches, media alerts and awards submissions
- Helping to prepare for events and screenings (which may include attending and working such events)
- Assisting department with administrative needs
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment. Candidates should also have the following:
- Strong interest in the news, an adaptability to adjust to its fast-paced cycle, and familiarity with CNN’s networks, including HLN, and platforms.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An understanding of the professional environment you're working in, including attendance, appearance, punctuality, deadlines and strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Cision (preferred but not required).
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are January 22nd through April 20th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship