CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior UX Designer, Digital News & Platform ServicesLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 167875BR Apply Now
The CNN Digital Product Design team is changing the way journalists tell stories and connects hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about most across the entire ecosystem of consumers' digital devices.
As a member of the Product design team working on Enterprise publishing tools and services, you'll be working within collaborative, cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, and editorial representatives all focused on improving the suite of internal tools used to create, manage and distribute News content globally. We welcome individuals who champion UX design methodologies, challenge the status quo, and help push the organization into new directions. The successful candidate will understand that the relationship between content and distributors is complex, is eager to investigate and improve workflows, and is enthusiastic for the practices that promote continuous deployment and continual delivery of business value.
- Practice user-centered discovery and design processes, creating new interactions and applications and improving the existing portfolio of experiences.
- Facilitate workshops, elicit ideas, build shared understanding, and reinforce the development of use cases and high-level requirements
- Create flows, wireframes and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate user interactions and behaviors
- Conduct light usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements
- Analyze user interface problems and prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Contribute to and collaborate with developers and product designers on pattern- based design libraries
- 7+ years experience in the UX Design, UX Research or IA disciplines preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher (or equivalent professional experience) HCI, Interface Design, Interaction Design, Design, Information Science, Communication Design
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design solutions to real-world business cases
- Working knowledge of best-practices around information architecture, workflow, optimization, user-centered design and stakeholder research techniques
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to breakdown complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work pro-actively and efficiently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools and frameworks, including Sketch, InVision, Axure, Abstract, and Material Design
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS