CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Social Producer - Great Big StoryLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169526BR Apply Now
We are a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. Our camera-toting, curiosity-driven storytellers roam the globe in search of awesome. Humans are extraordinary. Our team is no exception.
You can find Great Big Stories here and here and here plus here but also everywhere.
This is What You’ll Be Doing
Great Big Story is an award-winning global media company dedicated to cinematic storytelling. Since our launch in 2015, our network of global storytellers have traveled to more than 100 countries to share over 2,000 stories that transcend borders, engage and inspire wonder in tens of millions daily. We seek out awesome, untold and inspirational stories that shed light on the overlooked and underrepresented. Silver-screen quality with mobile in mind, GBS stories intrigue and excite everywhere you watch video - from Facebook and YouTube and Apple News to Roku and Apple TV.
Great Big Story's Senior Social Producer sets the social strategy for Great Big Story by platform, with a mind on executing for engagement and creative brand voice. Overseeing a team of social content makers and reporting directly to the Director of Programming, this person works tightly alongside audience intelligence, editorial/production, and PR & Marketing to make sure that Great Big Story's mission and voice reach the maximum potential audience and drive meaningful fan engagement. This is a hands-on role for a person with the skillset and desire to make amazing social content, while managing other creatives
What will you be doing?
- Write, edit and produce creative content for Great Big Story off-platform (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook). This includes writing scripts, clipping videos, working in photoshop, and writing and/or editing social post copy
- Keeping in mind brand voice and editorial goals, use audience intelligence analytics and social listening tools to inform the social strategy for Great Big Story by platform (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat), with an eye on KPIs and engagement targets
- Set and manage social calendar for each platform, leading a team social producers/writers to make specific social content (including videos, graphics, quotes, photos, etc) and scheduling it to post
- Collaborate with creative partnerships team to design & implement social solutions to sales needs
- Invent and produce audience participation projects (like contests, giveaways and UGC) in tight collaboration with colleagues across editorial, PR/marketing, and creative partnerships/sales
- Look for and ideate opportunities for strategic social partnerships with other publishers, influencers and organizations
- Represent the voice of the fan in the editorial, product, and audience development processes
This is What We Need from You
- 8+ years experience in content production, community development and/or social media
- 2+ years experience managing others directly, or indirectly as team lead overseeing others' work
- Social media savvy, with editorial and social media connections. This person is socially engaged with an eye on trends, social issues and current events, and can speak the language of the internet
- Demonstrated portfolio of creative work in the digital media space, digital video and/or social media
- Understands the strengths and weaknesses of various platforms in the distributed media space (Facebook vs. Instagram, Livestreaming off-platform vs. VOD, etc)
- A varsity communicator with a flair for deft and quick interaction (e.g. public diplomacy in real-time). Soft touch with a hard edge
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Equally supreme creative and product development skills, with a collaborative orientation-this job is much more about facilitating creative work among many people than doing it alone
- College degree and/or relevant work experience
These are (some of) the Perks
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program
- A huge family that includes CNN Worldwide, HBO, Adult Swim (and too many more to name)
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS