Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior Manager, Content PartnershipsLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 173987BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMediahas some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete theWarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
The Sr. Manager, Content Strategy will help lead the Content Partnerships efforts across major network and sales initiatives covering the WarnerMedia News platforms such as CNN, CNN Digital, CNNBusiness, GBS and HLN. This position will be focused on strategic planning, development, implementation and managing sponsorable content across all platforms - Digital, TV, Social with a primary focus on Digital.
- Partner with Senior Sales and Network/Site Editorial leaders to bring best in class opportunities to market; develop and position innovative client solutions and custom sales franchises to drive revenue for the WarnerMedia News Platforms.
- Develop strategic creative cross-platform and off-platform opportunities throughout the Upfront, Calendar and Scatter Markets, which support key advertiser objectives.
- Actively collaborate across divisions with Marketing, Sales, Network editorial teams, Product and Digital leadership to identify, concept and create unique tentpoles and sponsorable franchises.
- Liaise with editorial teams across TV and Digital platforms including: CNN, CNN Digital, CNNBusiness, GBS and HLN.
- Bring proactive ideas to editorial partners to create sponsorship packages in response to marketplace.
- Collaborate with team members, Sales, Network, Site, Legal, Research & Strategic Planning teams in developing and customizing opportunities based on editorial priorities, sales goals and/or RFPs.
- Familiarize/educate larger Content Partnerships team and Sales on various strategies, platforms and related updates Potential to supervise 1-2 team members.
- Provide sales strategy insights to network/site teams while being main point of contact for understanding site goals and programming plans.
- Coordinate with multiple internal CNN entities including but not limited to Standards & Practices, Legal, Strategic Planning and CNN productions to receive approvals and viability of high revenue and high visibility concepts.
- Partner with Activation team to provide follow-through on custom concepts once sold.
- Develop positioning for high profile initiatives for internal and external communication.
- Work with senior leadership to set daily and long-term priorities for Content Strategy team and strengthen collaboration with internal and external groups.
- Assist in the creation of internal presentations, case studies, high-level projects and awards submissions as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 8-10 years directly related Digital editorial production experience or Integrated Media Sales Marketing.
- Knowledge of digital editorial production requirements and operations.
- The passion for, and the ability to write creatively, effectively and with impact across all forms of communication.
- Strong verbal and written skills a must in developing, processing and presenting opportunities both externally and internally.
- Digital and social experience and knowledge of editorial processes and production plus industry/competitive trends is critical.
- The creativity to generate ideas that will drive revenue and the communication skills to sell them through.
- A working knowledge of media trends, brand insights/activity and industry innovations.
- Management experience and the ability to demonstrate leadership through complex challenges required.
- Exhibit core behaviors e.g., client service, interpersonal skills, communication, creativity, strategic thinking, problem-solving, teamwork & enthusiasm!
- Ability to effectively manage complex relationships with a variety of internal/external counterparts.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and change.
- Television experience and knowledge is desirable.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS