Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior Financial AnalystLocation New York, United States Job ID 159762BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The seasoned Senior Financial Analyst will be a business advisor responsible for providing timely, actionable and strategic analysis in support of Turner's Sports Division across all platforms (linear and digital.) The successful candidate must be comfortable with ad-hoc analysis and projects, finance processes / systems / tools / modeling, operating under tight deadlines, implementing controls and driving impact through insightful analysis and executive takeaways.
What will you be doing?
- Partnering with Turner's Sports U.S. based sales divisions for forecast, close, budget and strategies Analyzing financial results, identifying key trends, and communicating results to senior management Delivering timely and accurate forecasts and reporting and identifying risks and opportunities
- Significantly contributing to the annual budget process, communicating results and drivers, and assisting with presentation of results
- Performing various ad-hoc analysis to help measure performance of brand and process improvement projects to help support team needs including building dynamic models, scenarios and sensitivity analyses Oversee the financials for the NCAA Corporate Marketing program and Live Events.
- Perform contract reviews.
- Responsible for partnering with internal/external finance groups to build expectations and deliverables surrounding sports.
What do we require from you?
- Four to six years of finance experience with a minimum of three years' experience in a role with demonstrated strong analytical, modeling, organizational and technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or economics.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint skills (logical and reference formulas, financial functions, pivots, etc.)
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Audit experience
- Experience with Essbase, Hyperion, and/or other data base retrieval tools
Required Personal Characteristics:
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.