CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Editor, Investigative-Enterprise-NYLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171820BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is looking for a senior editor to oversee quick-turn investigative enterprise stories with a dedicated team of reporters in New York and Washington.
- Conceptualize sharply framed investigative enterprise stories focused on political power, government and legal matters.
- Bring together reporting to produce high impact stories that break news and hold those in power accountable.
- Work with a team of experienced journalists, determining their focus, vetting their information and editing their stories to bring out the sharpest angles and engaging narratives.
- Edit stories for CNNPolitics.com, the world's most read political website, and collaborate with CNN's experienced television production team to present those stories on an array of CNN programs.
- Communicate and coordinate closely with top leadership across newsgathering, digital and television on enterprise reporting.
- This position will be part of CNN's enterprise reporting team that also includes features and fact checking.
- Develop strong connections with top-notch correspondents.
- Combine strong editorial development and strong narrative writing skills to shape unique reporting.
- The Senior Editor will work in New York and report to CNN's vice president of news in Washington, DC
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent in work experience
- 8+ years' experience in an editor or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
- Show a passion for political, enterprise and investigative news, and embrace the urgency of a fast-paced and competitive news environment.
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, making independent decisions to prioritize reporting.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts.
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Strong copy-editing skills.
- Understanding of digital and television, and ability to move seamlessly between both.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS