Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Data Scientist - CNN DigitalLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169716BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
You are passionate about statistics and machine learning. You are excited about recommender systems and read research papers on a weekly basis to stay up to date. You also have implemented algorithms from machine learning research papers. Additionally, you understand the constraints of working with a growing team and thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and sometimes scrappy. You understand that serving a user-facing model comes with a set of restrictions and you know how to be creative to solve them. Finally, you are business focused and proactively thinking about new projects that could have a high impact result for the company.
If this sounds like you, please apply! We value: Team player - Problem solver - Radical candor - Statistical rigor – Humility
- MS or PhD equivalent in a quantitative science (e.g. data science, natural language processing, mathematics, statistics, computer science)
- Works independently, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep curiosity and a demonstrated ability to craft original solutions
- Highly communicative with collaborators and manager
- Proactive in seeking opportunities for innovation
- Experience in applying machine learning, predictive analytics and classification techniques towards real product and problems
- Proficiency in Python, R or C++ - Proficiency in SQL and working with large data sets
- Knowledge of the latest research in machine learning and a drive to stay up to date
- Strong engineering ability (e.g. comfort building a model, spinning up compute resources and deploying without significant data engineering support
- Publication of research papers in machine learning or statistics
- Experience in the media industry with an interest in CNN and the news open to all experience levels.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS