CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Production Assistant - Morning ProgrammingLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169110BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Production Assistant for CNN's Morning Programming works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics. Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, and for pitching both package and guest ideas. The PA will also run teleprompter in the control room. They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines. The PA will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases. Must be able to regularly work an overnight or early morning shift and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- One year of production or related experience with some experience in video and graphics. Newsroom experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Knowledge of current events and strong editorial judgement are also important
- Able to juggle many tasks at once
- Experience in editing a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS