Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Product Designer, BemeLocation New York, United States Job ID 160152BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
We're looking for a mobile-focused product designer to join us in building the next generation of apps for newshounds . We're building an independent and wildly ambitious technology+media company that's bringing a wider range of perspectives to the news. We want to change who informs the world, and how. Our team is small and we are in our earliest stages, so your impact will be massive. You will work directly with our design lead and a tight-knit group of engineers turning product ideas into coherent, usable products. You believe, like us, that less is always more, fast is preferable to pixel-perfect, prototypes speak louder than words, and there's a rich opportunity for new technology to dramatically change how we understand other people's lives and events around the globe. This position is based at Beme's office in Tribeca, NYC.
What will you be doing?
- Work with design, product, and engineering to build new user experiences from concept to launch.
- Design interactive flows while quickly imagining the paths of least resistance.
- Develop, execute, and extend a visual aesthetic in a cohesive way.
- Anticipate design challenges, including errors, different sized devices, different connectivities, etc.
- Work with a user researcher to test and validate design solutions.
- Design marketing materials such as the web site, brand decks, and swag.
- Someone who's worked on a real product, but might not have experienced scale.
- Strong, holistic UX skillset (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Stellar visual design and art direction chops (you will wear many hats).
- Bias toward prototyping, testing, and iterating instead of theorizing about wireframes.
- Preference for getting the user experience right the first time over fixating on pixel-perfect details.
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and the Google Material Design Guidelines.
- Empathy for users and a desire to understand what motivates and challenges them.
- Someone who takes initiative and is constantly looking for new ways to learn and improve.
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback.
- At least a basic understanding of code and a desire to learn more.
- Bonus points for 3D or motion experience
- Tools we love: Experience with Principle, Flinto, Framer, Origami, InVision or whatever rapid prototyping tools you are comfortable with - Sketch or Figma - Slack.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitterand Facebook.Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.