CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer, HLN (Temporary)Location New York, New York, United States Job ID 170597BR Apply Now
HLN is an integral part of CNN Worldwide, the network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable format. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more. We are HLN.
See what it’s like to work at HLN & CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Responsible for editorial content of shows or segments.
- Works with Executive Producer on generating show concepts and story ideas.
- Can effectively research and obtain documents needed reporting purposes.
- Creative script writer and copy editor.
- Interviews guests for both on camera and off camera research.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of social media.
- Works with other team members to decide story selection, placement, length, editorial treatment and overall presentation of long form shows or segments.
- Three years show producing at a local station or network, or, two years as a writer/producer at CNN or HLN.
- Must be able to develop entire show concepts and execute.
- Producer works closely with planning team to come up with concepts.
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment a must.
- Experience working with Legal and Standards & Practices.
- Field producing, post production producing and ability to copy edit scripts for air.
- Must have positive attitude and be able to grasp specific show and network editorial missions.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS