CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer 2 - NY Newsgathering, CNNLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 174600BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Producer II, NY Bureau
- Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
- Collaborate with editors, photojournalist, guest bookers, show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
- Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations.
- Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery; including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production.
- Writing scripts with varied reporter support.
- Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other post production elements.
- The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of 6 - 10 years of package production and field producing at either a cable or broadcast network.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
- Strong knowledge of newsgathering and social media
- Skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment that is 24 hours/ 365 days a year, including last minute travel
- Degree in Journalist or equivalent work experience
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS