CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer 1 - Erin Burnett OutFront, CNNLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171815BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
This producer is responsible for executing live segments and interviews on Erin Burnett OutFront. The producer needs strong editorial judgment to generate compelling and creative segments. Individual must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment, including soundbites and graphics. The producer must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas.
The producer will:
- Write scripts, segment questions and conduct research for each assigned segment
- Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers
- Pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis
- Control room experience is necessary
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years producing experience required
- Requires Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Must have outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- Deep knowledge of politics is a must
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS