CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer 1 - Cuomo Primetime, CNNLocation New York, United States Job ID 164665BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
This producer is responsible for guest segments, writing, and interview prep on Cuomo Prime Time, and must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have a political news background and be able to pitch political voices and segments. We're looking for a producer with strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements. This position also includes some booking of guests. The Producer will work closely with other senior producers and management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show's mission and that copy is urgent. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas. This producer must have the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research.
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years producing experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Field production experience and control room experience are necessary
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together
- Must have a strong political news background
- Booking experience preferred
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017Best Company forWorkingMothers
- Anin-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS