Multimedia Storyteller for Courageous (Temporary)Location New York, New York, United States Job ID 169750BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
They are documentarians. Filmmakers. Designers. Web-developers. And they come together to make amazing branded content for clients. Welcome to Courageous, CNN's innovative studio. Courageous fits into Turner's data-driven ad and content strategy perfectly. Their work is compelling, substantial and truly innovative. And we're not spin doctoring-- Adweek just gave them the top honor for innovative storytelling at Adweek's new Arc Awards for branded content creatives.
CNN's Brand Studio, Courageous, is looking for a temporary filmmaker - a NYC-based Multimedia Storyteller who will join our rapidly-growing team of creative talent. Founded just over 2 years ago, the quality of Courageous' work has distinguished the studio from numerous others in the world of branded content. We pride ourselves on pursuing unique, compelling stories for a wide variety of brands and telling them with a sweeping, cinematic style. While most of our work is short-form video, a significant and growing portion is comprised of interactive articles, virtual reality, live-broadcast ads, experiential events and long-form documentaries. Our work is delivered to an audience of hundreds of millions via CNN, HLN, and Great Big Story via TV, Digital, Mobile, and OTT. Our mission is to create experiences that the fans of our properties will find meaningful, engaging and conversation-worthy while fulfilling the goals of the brands sponsoring the content.
- As the ideal candidate for our Multimedia Storyteller position you will be an endless fountain of creative ideas and an adventurous filmmaker.
- You naturally find relevancy in the seemingly mundane and can miraculously spot narrative hooks wherever you look.
- You posse the ability to shepherd that idea from initial concept through creative development and production.
- Developing great ideas is an important part of the job, but the real magic comes in the thoughtful way you bring those ideas to life. We're creatives, not content farmers.
- Clear communication (and a great attitude) is key.
- 5+ years experience telling compelling stories (This could be as a journalist specializing in video, a filmmaker, an animator, or an advertising creative).
- Proven experience is a must.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Some real enthusiasm for the pitch process.
- You're 'good in a room' and poised in front of clients / commissioning execs / an EIC.
- Good at working with clients directly and great at handling feedback.
- Able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced but supportive environment
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS