Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Marketing Director - CNN Creative MarketingLocation New York, United States Job ID 156540BR Apply Now
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES STRATEGIC PLANNING Develop, sell and execute long-range marketing planning for priority properties. Be constantly tracking and analyzing the brand and communication of the brand for successes and new opportunities across a wide range of platforms from social to digital.
CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT Develop, sell and execute creative campaigns for multiple, key digital properties. Explore and create new ways to market these properties across digital, social and on-air platforms. Develop thoughtful solutions to keep properties top-of-mind with user even when properties are not primary focus.
- Minimum 10-years television/digital marketing/planning experience Thorough knowledge of national and world news and entertainment events
- Deep understanding of digital, social brands and their capabilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and management skills
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS (Not Mandatory)
- Experience within the digital entertainment/news space
- Complete familiarity with CNN programming, media reach and on-air talent
- BA or BS with Mass Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Marketing TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in developing and presenting marketing plans in keynote Understanding of user language around social, app, web, wearable, marketing
COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT / DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS
Very strong idea generation and verbal skills Proactive and self-starter Cooperation and diplomacy Flexibility and resiliency Marketing awareness Leadership Confident ability to communicate effectively senior management and across CNN divisions Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.