Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Marketing Coordinator, SportsLocation New York, United States Job ID 162605BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
- The Coordinator will assist the Integrated Promotions Marketing team in end-to-end stewarding of media sponsorships across the Turner Sports portfolio.
- Primary responsibilities include assisting in the conception and development of proactive and reactive sales materials including sales presentations, media kits, case studies, screen grabs, recap decks, sponsorship trackers and calendars.
- The Coordinator will also be one of the primary points of contact for sponsorship executions as it relates to sold ad sales marketing programs.
- This position will provide sales support to all of the Turner Sports national offices.
- The coordinator will also work closely with site, production, social and other support teams to help manage all creative, legal and logistical aspects of a pitch.
What will you be doing?
- Building and executing against timelines and specific executional deadlines
- Serving as a "subject matter expert" on Turner's sports properties to our national sales teams, in helping them navigate complexities related to use of Intellectual property, league partner landscape, editorial storylines, etc.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with marketing, sales, research and content teams to create materials that communicate Turner Sports positioning and strategy in the marketplace
- Researching cultural, marketing and consumer trends in primary and secondary sources for insights that can be used as a basis for marketing strategies
- Tracking down media assets for use in presentations and executions
- Creative brainstorms with relevant constituencies
- Translating technical specifications of media assets into professionally written and easy-to-understand client-facing sales collateral
- Gather project results and enter into tracking programs and project management systems
- Maintaining sponsorship calendars
- College Degree Required
- 1-2 years marketing/advertising experience required
- 1-3 years media industry marketing experience preferred
- Digital Experience strongly preferred; including knowledge of social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, YouTube - Knowledge and passion for the NCAA/college athletics, professional golf and/or Esports as well as the general sports media landscaped
- Organizational skills, excellent writing and communication skills, attention to detail, project management skills, initiative and leadership
- Creative Self Starter
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Adobe creative suite a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS