CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Manager, Technical Program Management, CommerceLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 176147BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Our team of Technical Program Managers works closely with payment providers and cross-department stakeholders to deliver purchase capabilities across HBO Max streaming platforms. We improve the customer journey by scaling payment integrations and promotions to support HBO Max subscriber growth and retention goals.
As a Technical Program Manager on the Commerce team, you will lead integration teams to deliver a seamless and frictionless sign up experience, that optimizes recurring payments, drives acquisition and improves retention. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Experience Design, Product, Legal, Finance, etc. to establish goals and milestones that align with the Technology strategy and roadmap.
- Organize and drive features that deliver reliable payment and recurring billing experiences
- Guide development teams to deliver platform capabilities that are in line with roadmap and program goals / KPIs
- Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur
- Communicate how product-level goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division
- Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams
- Create problem statements and move from those to appropriate and data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders
- Lead and inspire a team of Program Managers to deliver high priority features and platform capabilities
- 5-10 years of experience as a Program Manager working across multiple technical projects
- Ability to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals
- Ability to drive definition of project scope, develop detailed project plans and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team
- Strong understanding and experience with development methodologies, including waterfall and agile
- Ability to learn new development tools and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate complex technical solutions and features into intuitive business concepts
- Strong business acumen that balances strategic initiatives and engineering needs
The Nice to Haves
- Experience working in direct credit card payments, third party payment platforms, app stores, wallet integrations, direct carrier billing and product experiences in subscription based business models
- Media or entertainment industry experience is a plus
- Proven track record delivering high priority projects, requiring trade-offs and negotiations with partners and stakeholders (i.e. Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, etc.)
- 2+ years of People Management experience preferred
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBOand Cinemax. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GO and MAX GO , as well as HBO On Demand. and Cinemax On Demand. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS