CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Manager, Experiential Marketing - News Division Content PartnershipsLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169435BR Apply Now
The explosive growth of experiential marketing within the media and marketing industries over the past decade has had an impact on WarnerMedia. There is significant momentum and focus on monetizing and executing more experiential and events-driven programs within the News division (CNN, HLN, Great Big Story), from teams including Editorial, Marketing, Sales, Courageous (in-house content studio) and Content Partnerships (ad sales marketing). Over the past year, the Content Partnerships team has expanded capabilities in this area. There is an opportunity today to support this growth by elevating our approach to experiential strategy, planning, execution and measurement for clients and trade audiences. We aim to develop and implement ground-breaking, revenue-driving events in 2019 and beyond.
- The Experiential Manager will support the growth and implementation of experiential marketing strategy and execution within the WarnerMedia News Content Partnerships team.
- The role is primarily events-focused (project management and production-oriented) and will provide additional support in the areas of talent/ influencer marketing and trade partnerships/ sponsorships.
- The position reports to Amy Tunick, VP Operations & Activation, and will work across her teams, Courageous and the broader Content Partnerships department.
- Effectively support the development, production and overall implementation of all types of events, experiences, stunts, conferences, VIP entertaining, and other live programming.
- Responsibilities include pre-sale support and post-sale execution of-Custom events (branded content) - Tentpole events tied to cultural moments (sponsored, built-if-sold) - Editorial events (sponsored, network-led) - Trade events (B2B/ sales-driven).
- Events may be internal, targeted to trade or client audiences, stand alone, part of a series, or part of a broader cross-platform custom marketing effort.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams and production partners to: Source venues, vendors and staff.
- Create run of show/ production documents/ timelines and budgets.
- Coordinate with third parties and facilitate contracts as needed.
- Develop program content and implement with AV/tech teams.
- Manage invite lists (internal and external).
- Liaise with creative and design teams.
- Develop program presentations, surveys and other related operational tools.
- Support on influencer/ talent/ partnership needs for client campaign and B2B initiatives (research, creating presentations, managing partnership).
- Support on select trade marketing partnerships.
- Vet and clear direction with internal Standards & Practices and Legal teams.
- Collaborate and liaise with individuals and teams across the entire WarnerMedia organization including Sales, Marketing, Editorial, Courageous (in-house content studio), Network Live Events Team, Hospitality, Social Media, PR, Legal, S&P, etc.
- Act as a point of contact with brand clients (blue chip partners across categories ranging from automotive and financial to entertainment and pharmaceutical brands) and agency partners (media, creative, PR, experiential) on the marketing side, in partnership with sales.
- Oversee program budgets and support Operations team with financial management and status documentation of event-related programs.
- Explore new industry trends, white space and emerging technologies utilized in experiential marketing for potential implementation, including but not limited to interactivity, AR, VR, RFID, bio-metric tools, etc.
- Take a strategic approach to experiential programs, asking critical business questions, determining opportunities for optimization to meet objectives and KPIs, and synthesizing results, key learnings and best practices in partnership with internal teams.
- Create or contribute to wrap reports and other materials about event programs for internal and external use, collaborating with Activation on client programs as needed.
- Evangelize experiential among the internal marketing and sales teams.
- Travel for event-related programs and to provide coverage at Courageous shoots, as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorms around internal processes, client trends or needs, legal status and deliverables, or general matters specific to experiential programs.
- Deliver daily with a client-focused attitude and a confident, enthusiastic, diplomatic approach.
- Providing valuable solutions for brand clients and internal requests.
- 4-6 years of experiential or integrated marketing experience at a media company, creative or experiential agency or brand.
- Strong event production and project/budget management skills are essential.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive collaborator and problem-solver with demonstrated ability to oversee a project from concept to completion in collaboration with creative, marketing and sales teams.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and be resourceful while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and upbeat individual eager to learn and excel within the media industry.
- Familiarity with influencer/ social media marketing, talent procurement, legal/ contract negotiations and public relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Passionate about brand storytelling and innovations in experiential marketing.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS