CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Line Producer, CNN International Business NYLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 170433BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Producer is responsible for liaising with the Senior Producer to build a rundown and line-produce flagship business programs, providing editorial guidance to a team of writers, and taking the show to air. The Producer will be responsible for writing and crafting segments when not outputting the show.
- Responsible for building the rundown and executing the program to air.
- Work with Senior Producer and Anchor to determine which stories will be presented in a newscast and how those stories will be presented.
- In the run-up to the show, ensures all scripts are written, all graphics are complete and all video material is ready to air.
- Coordinates the efforts of the writers who assist in the program production.
- Must be prepared to change the running order at a moment's notice if the news changes or in case of technical problems.
- Producers will also be required to write elements of the show, including show opens, teases and segments when not outputting the show
- The Producer should also give ideas and some guidance on guests and story ideas for future shows.
- Strong interest in Business and International news
- Substantial experience in broadcast journalism
- Proven experience of working in a control room with a good knowledge of television production
- Experience in writing for broadcast television
- Self-starter, with a history of delivering exceptional results
- Good communication skills
- Ideas generation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to make fast, tough decisions
- Able to work under pressure
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS