Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Learning Lead -- Technology TrainingLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171587BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia delivers brands like HBO, CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We aim to deliver the world’s best stories and most engaging content from talented storytellers and journalists to audiences around the globe.https://www.warnermediagroup.com/
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Follow us onInstagram, TwitterandFacebook
Audience Monetization Solutions fuels over $4 billion in WarnerMedia Ad Sales using custom built and vendor supported technology platforms, across TV and Digital. This is an exciting time to be in the media industry as consumers accelerate the anywhere, anytime content distribution model. Our technology roadmap keeps us ahead of the curve as we find new ways to target audiences and monetize our content. WarnerMedia is leading the way and you get to be a part of this fast-paced dynamic environment.
The Learning Lead, Technology Training is responsible for aligning closely with Sales, Account Services and Strategic Planning management to manage, create, implement and conduct a comprehensive Training Program. This training program – AMS University - includes more than 50 courses and serves all divisions of Ad Sales. The Learning Lead, Technology Training, also manages the training and implementation plans for all new MSS Ad Sales systems working closely with the Product Management group. This position actively trains as well as manages the curriculum and documentation that serves the entire Ad Sales organization.
Create, manage, and implement comprehensive training programs for all divisions of Ad Sales – AMS University:
- Develop and create AMS University content
- Manage AMS University site, calendar and curriculum coordination including more than 50 customized courses that train Ad Sales on all MSS Ad Sales applications, processes and tasks that surround the systems, and Best Practices for Business Improvement
- Create fresh and new ways to present materials, using live hands on computer training, training videos, participatory training environment, online lessons, etc.
- Develop new classes as needed working with Executive Sales and STPL Management to assess staff needs and improve business process
- Work with Account Services management and National office coordinators to assess training needs and plan and implement accordingly
- Work with other surround divisions to train best practices and create new course curriculum as needed – Sponsorships and Promotions, Sales Information Systems, Ad Ops, Invoicing, Corporate Credit etc.
Conduct ongoing AMS University training curriculum:
- Conduct all TV University courses based on schedule created with Sales Management
- Survey trainees post-class experience to gather feedback and implement any relevant lessons learned to future classes
Train new hires, Sales, Account Services, Ad Operations, and surrounding divisions:
- Schedule/facilitate/train new hires when they onboard at Turner
- Travel to the National offices quarterly to train new hires and provide ongoing education classes when requested by Sales Management
- Manage to the expectation that all new hires at this level who have attended training should be able to sit down at their desk on day 1 and perform required daily tasks in the AMS Systems
Manage system training and implementation projects:
- Work closely with the Product Management teams to train and implement new functionality and newly developed MSS Ad Sales systems
- Create lesson plans, knowledge checklists and SME reviews working with Business Analysts on the product
- Set standards and best practices for the Product Design team on how to conduct training
- Enforce MSS Ad Sales Training and Implementation best practices across all system training courses
- Conduct new system training classes as required
- Attend all training sessions where the BA is trainer and provide feedback
Standardize Training Documentation:
- Collaborate with the Training Manager to set standards for end-user training documentation and apply consistently to all products
- Work closely with the Business Analysts to ensure all functionality is captured in product documentation
- Manage to the expectation that all documentation should look professional and that it has come from the same training department and consistent across Linear and Digital
- 5+ years of training and adult learning experience
- 5+ years of documentation management
- 5+ years managing training curriculum
- Ability to work independently. Self-starter. Takes initiative to find gaps and continuously improve curriculum and materials.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to clearly understand our business and utilize relevant examples from our business in training.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and content experts.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and develop supporting materials.
- Has knowledge of Adult Learning Principles, the Addie model, and Kilpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, with limited supervision.
- Very detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Energetic, shows passion and is vested in the role and projects.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- 2018 Best Company forDads
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS