You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
HBO NY Summer 2020 Intern – WarnerMedia Technology TaxonomyLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 175323BR Apply Now
Internship focus is within the following concentrations: Taxonomy and ontology development, Metadata management, and Data mining and reporting
- Expand and improve metadata terms in a taxonomy system
- Identifying and documenting relationships between one or more terms
- Assist in data mapping exercises
- Assist in the analysis of existing data and making recommendations for data normalization
- Assist in requirements gathering from business areas throughout the company for taxonomy-related projects
- Contribute to policy and best practices documents
- Participate in department meetings, shadowing managers, and attending project meetings
- Must be a graduate student in Library Science or Information Science program (or other equivalent degree)
- Must have taken Intro to Metadata class and/or have equivalent experienceFamiliarity with metadata and/or cataloging standards preferred
- Experience or familiarity with a digital asset management system, content management system or other structured database preferred
- Experience or familiarity with data analysis tools preferred
- Experience or familiarity with film and TV production workflows preferred
- Experience or familiarity with digital asset formats, including video and audio formats preferred
- Familiarity with XML preferred
- Experience using Google Docs and Microsoft Office programs preferred
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August.
Able to work in New York and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment.
Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS