You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
HBO NY Summer 2020 Intern – WarnerMedia Technology Cloud PlatformsLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 175325BR Apply Now
This Intern will be working as part of WarnerMedia’s Cloud Admin & support team that is providing a DevOps support for WarnerMedia’s Cloud data platforms on AWS and on Snowflake. Snowflake is an analytic data warehouse provided as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). This data platform supports different business units like Marketing and Research. Consumer analytics is one key outcome of this data platform. This Intern will be implementing a phase of an ongoing data operations maturity project.
- Learn data platforms on the cloud
- Learn analytics tools like Looker and Snap Logic
- Learn WarnerMedia’s Cloud Infrastructure and applications
- Review WarnerMedia’s data analytics platform and tools
- Develop and implement a monitoring solution for Snowflake data delivery, data availability and data quality
- Research on new data and analytics tools on the cloud and recommend for enhancements
- Good understanding of Cloud / AWS
- Basic computer science and programming skills
- Fundamentals of DBMS, data structure and SQL
- Fundamentals of Bigdata / Python
- Awareness on consumer analytics
- Basic knowledge on Snowflake is a plus
- Highly motivated to learn new technology preferred
- Some Knowledge on media business preferred
- Some Knowledge on content delivery / usage on various (mobile) devices preferred
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college.
Able to work in New York and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment.
Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS