You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
HBO NY Summer 2020 Intern – HBO SportsLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 175312BR Apply Now
The HBO Sports summer intern will play a vital role in assisting the HBO Sports team with various elements of production for various shows including Real Sports, 24/7 Series and HBO Sports Documentaries & Series.
- Research & prep work for 24/7 and other HBO Sports Documentaries & Series
- Research & story development for Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
- Avid work; logging & screening for all HBO Sports programming
- Assist with local shoots
- Contact reporters, media outlets, sports teams and various individuals for research, information and pre-interviews.
- Observing & prepping for edits; 24/7 Series, Real Sports and HBO Sports Documentaries & Series.
- Conduct independent research to pitch potential story and show ideas for HBO Sports.
- Must be a college student
- Overall knowledge and enthusiasm for HBO Sports programming
- Organizational skills: must pay attention to details, meet deadlines and follow directions from colleagues.
- Strong written and research skills; able to use a variety of research databases.
- Familiarity with editing software (Avid, Final Cut, etc) preferred
- Prepared to log and screen material preferred
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college.
Able to work in New York and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment.
Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS