Financial Analyst, Original ProgrammingLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 175470BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Reports to Senior Manager of Financial Operations and Reporting. Responsible for calculating the net profits associated with each of HBO’s key series and the associated short-term forecasting and long term budgeting. This involves consolidating revenues, production costs and residual and participation expenses in accordance with FASB ASC 926, Entertainment - Films.
- Detailed responsibilities include the following:
- Calculation, reporting (P&L and Cash Flow) and analysis (against budgets, prior year and forecasts) of program amortization and participation/residual costs.
- Prepare P&L’s by title to determine and evaluate the current profits associated with key series.
- Creation and analysis of ultimate revenue and ultimate program and participation/residual costs in budgets, forecasts and long-term plans.
- Prepare sensitivity analyses based on a range of sales and production estimates, for both the short-term and long-term plans.
- Responsible for updating the accrual-based participation models and coordinating with West Coast Business Affairs to ensure the models reflect the latest changes to participant deal terms and the creation of new models.
- Prepare program amortization sensitivities to assist Senior Management in evaluating strategic business decisions.
- Coordinate with various departments on the reporting of gross revenues, production, participation and residual costs through ultimate calculations, inventory, participation and residual analysis and net profit reporting.
- Coordinate Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing of controls.
- Responsible for maintenance of the system with IT, including testing, upgrades and enhancements to Hyperion database.
- BA / BS degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum of 1-2 years combined public and / or private experience and excellent financial modeling and Excel skills
- Possess solid analytical, technical, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal and communication skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- CPA strongly preferred
- Previous experience with Hyperion and accounting for series and film products under FASB ASC 926 is a plus
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS