CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Fall 2019 Intern - CNN Ad Sales Research, DigitalLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 170003BR Apply Now
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN seeks a talented and ambitious collegiate intern to be part of the CNN Ad Sales Research team. This role supports Sales and Marketing in communicating the value of CNN across platforms to the advertising marketplace. This intern will learn from CNN Ad Sales Research Managers in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a storyteller who is comfortable with different kinds of data. The ideal intern should have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Develop a deep understanding of the television and digital ecosystems, and how they intersect
- Learn about the industry of market/advertising research, including key tools like Nielsen, comScore, MRI, and social tools
- Identify key industry trends and research for insights that contribute to the CNN story
- Update category positioning across CNN platforms, including television, digital, and social
- Assist in the positioning of Sales deliverables, including RFP requests, client presentations, Marketing support, and CNN-positioning decks
- Undergraduate or graduate student who is majoring in Statistics, Business, Marketing or some related field
- Strong problem-solving skills, organized, and astute attention to detail
- An insightful mind that can find the narrative in disparate sets of data
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationships with managers, sales clients, and internal team members
- Results-driven and highly self-motivated
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work on several time-sensitive deliverables
- Comfort Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Passion for news and current events
- Some knowledge of the digital and television ecosystems a plus
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Fall 2019 program dates are September 16th through December 6th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS