CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Electronic Graphics Operator - CNN (Project Position)Location New York, United States Job ID 166881BR Apply Now
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
A CNN Electronic Graphics Operator (EGO) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team. A CNN EGO has a keen eye for attention to detail and thrives in the fast paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all graphic elements.
This is a project position set to expire on June 28, 2019.
What will you be doing?
- Recalling, preparing and organizing text and graphics for a variety of productions. Proofreading of text information before use to ensure accuracy in spelling, network style, and editorial content.
- Collaborating with editorial show team members to ensure accuracy of all show graphic elements.
- Testing and organizing show graphics, download codes and show descriptions in regard to assigned shows.
- Handling overview training of those new to the department.
- Troubleshooting and critical analysis of issues, including follow-up and documentation of on/off air discrepancies.
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
- College degree or equivalent prior experience working in a live control room production environment
- Fluent in Windows-based applications
- Average to above average spelling ability
- Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment
- Attention to detail, overall positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Open to and accepting of new technologies as well as the ability to quickly learn those new technologies
- Prior experience with Chyron Infinit, VizRT Trio, or comparable CG equipment in a live control room environment
- If applicable, a participant in CNN Technical Operations departmental training program
- Strong multi-tasking skillset
- Fluency in Spanish
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS