CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Editorial Producer,Guests - HLN - On The StoryLocation New York, United States Job ID 159703BR Apply Now
Live from Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York it’s HLN. An integral part of CNN Worldwide, the network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable tone powered by a lineup of popular seasoned female journalists. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more, we are HLN.
See what it’s like to work at HLN & CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Editorial Producer will be responsible for researching and booking guests, contributors and panelists for the show. Guest bookers work with the host and senior producers to find guests who resonate with the HLN audience.
What will you be doing?
- The Editorial Producer, Guests will work with the host, Executive Producer & Senior Producer on guest/contributor ideas for the show.
- S/he will compile quality research for host on show topics & guests.
- The Editorial Producer is the primary contact for on air guests and contributors and will schedule and arrange travel & lodging logistics for appearances.
- The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots.
- S/he collaborates with other HLN and CNN Editorial Producers to coordinate guest and reporter appearances.
- The Editorial Producer assists the Senior Editorial Producer in discovering and developing quality contributors and guests and in creating specialty segments that revolve around guests and contributors.
- S/he is responsible for booking and creating segments for future specialty shows on HLN.
What do we need from you?
- Previous live talk, news or entertainment show booking experience.
- Excellent news judgment and overall news awareness.
- Demonstrated research skills, knowledge of social media as a tool during breaking news preferred.
- Proven ability as a liaison with all HLN show teams, varied CNN departments and multiple outside guests, agencies and /organizations, specifically studios, satellites and newsgathering desks.
- Knowledge of HLN/CNN guest booking process a plus.
- The successful candidate will be a creative team player with excellent diplomatic and organizational skills who can multi-task and execute quickly.
- Undergraduate degree required.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.