CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Editor - CNN BusinessLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169649BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
We need an enterprising, engaged and organized Editor to help us ensure we cover each day's most-talked-about business, tech, markets and economy stories. The editor would be responsible for assigning, developing and editing breaking news and enterprise stories from our team of writers across many different beats. The job also involves reporting and writing. The editing/writing split will be determined by editorial demand, newsroom needs and schedule. The ideal candidate must love business news, with a strong news judgment about companies, their leaders, stocks and strategies. The Editor should be adept at story framing and knowledgeable about news stories on a wide variety of business topics. They should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in Wall Street, board rooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them. CNN Business is a dynamic, global news operation. This position spans a Sunday through Thursday workweek.
What do we need from you?
- At least 3 years of writing or editing experience
- Strong reporting, writing and editing skills
- Robust knowledge of and fascination with all things business
- A passion for journalism, unwavering dedication to accuracy, and dogged reporting skills
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS