CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director, Talent Recruitment & Development (CNN)Location New York, United States Job ID 160013BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Director, Talent Recruitment & Development will work with the VP, Talent Recruitment & Development to plan, lead, and execute the talent acquisition strategy for CNN Worldwide. The emphasis is “off-air” talent which includes producers (EPs, Sr. Producers, show producers, field producers, AP’s, PA’s, booking producers), writers and digital journalists at all levels.
What will you be doing?
Coordinate with Executive Producers, CNN’s Senior Leadership and HR to asses current and future talent needs, then develop a network and pipeline of talented individuals.
Assess, guide, coach and develop talented producers in order to optimize growth potential, internal opportunities, and succession planning efforts.
Develop editorial talent pipelines with a key focus on diversity and inclusion.
Work with Talent Acquisition on current and future openings as well as status of internal and external talent for CNN. Assist in identifying, interviewing, negotiating and hiring new editorial talent across the network.
Review pipelines and talent profiles with CNN senior management and HR/TA.
Scout, evaluate and recruit talented producers through partnership with industry organizations, on-going event attendance, marketplace development and networking, and all other available sources.
Design, coordinate and facilitate producer and digital workshops and work on other special projects as assigned.
What do we need from you?
- 7-10+ years of newsroom experience preferably as a producer or booker
- Clear passion for news and all that CNN represents
- Ability to evaluate and coach editorial talent at all levels
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge and understanding of industry organizations and the scope of differing roles across local market and network levels
- Proven negotiator with the ability to understand the importance of a good match between candidate and role
- Commitment to professionalism, confidentiality and good judgement
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.