Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Director, Programming & Multi-Platform Strategy - truTVLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 168294BR Apply Now
truTV is part of Turner, WarnerMedia. Turner creates and programs branded news; entertainment; kids and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
We are looking for our next Director of Programming and Multi-Platform Strategy. Reporting to the Vice President, this person will partner with team members to maximize viewership of truTV series across platforms. This role has a focus on understanding and acting on data (both quantitative and qualitative) to drive results and respond to the evolving marketplace.
The Day to Day:
- In partnership with the Vice President, you will help develop, and project manage the implementation of truTV’s long-term programming plan maximizing viewership across platforms for a full programming portfolio.
- Construct and advise on Multi-Platform strategy and implementation for long form assets; partnering with Turner Content Distribution teams for implementation.
- Manage day to day tracking and strategy implementation on a selection of truTV premiere and library series on both linear and nonlinear platforms.
- Communicate programming plans across the company and serve as Programming liaison/point of contact for Research, Finance, Production/Development, Sales/Strategic Planning, Marketing etc.
- Advocate for resources and best practices on an operational level within the network and at a company level at cross network meetings.
- Review and incorporate programming research analysis to achieve linear and non-linear goals.
- Monitor competitive programming, industry intelligence, and marketplace trends to evaluate and analyze competitive landscape
- Partner closely with peers at truTV and across WarnerMedia to collaborate on cross company initiatives and learn/share best practices.
- Proactively identify and address areas for growth and evolving needs of the department.
- 10+ yrs network scheduling/programming or relevant experience; multi-platform experience is a must
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills that build trust, instill confidence and ensure personal effectiveness / influence with all
- Seasoned, strategic, hands-on, consultative and collaborative approach
- Experience in implementing strategies that drive revenue and expand digital audiences
- Strategic Thinker
- Nielsen fluent; awareness of industry measurement conversations
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. SXSW2019#
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS