CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director, Audience Development & Analytics - Bleacher ReportLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 167539BR Apply Now
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through Team Stream™, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app.
We are hiring a Director, Audience Development & Content Analytics who will work closely with senior leadership to identify new audience whitespaces, potential consumers, and new channels. The Director, Audience Development & Content Analytics should successfully leverage their capabilities along with the expertise of the Content Analytics team to highlight trends and make well-informed, data-driven recommendations for investment opportunities, content creation, and distribution capabilities to drive the business forward strategically and holistically.
The Day to Day:
- Manage the Content & Audience Analyst team, providing guidance and direction to support individual contributors' day-to-day function and continued development
- Oversee audience reporting and KPI measurement, communicating reports and findings effectively
- Ensure the team is providing the most valuable contribution to support the organization cross-functionally
- Translate insights for senior leadership team and Sales Analytics team to inform strategic business decisions
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Growth teams to build and maintain tools, capabilities, and automated reporting functionalities that the Content Analytics team needs to be successful
- Partner with Sales Analytics, Revenue Operation, and other related items to strategically and creatively shape the business
- Coach the Content & Audience Analyst team to think in terms of growth and expansion into new audiences, not simply in terms of optimization of existing channels
- BA from a 4-year institution
- 8+ years experience in digital media, tech, or related field
- 5+ years in analytical or audience-focused roles
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing teams and working in cross-functional organizations
- Strong business acumen, and proven ability to work with technical teams on data-driven projects
- Strong people management skills, and ability/eagerness to balance team management with individual contribution
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in a business environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, and growth-minded
- Experience in sports digital media is a plus
- Advanced degree in business, data science, computer technology, or other related field is a plus
- An entrepreneurial laid-back environment
- Hands on dynamic work that leads to driving employee engagement
- A company culture that supports who YOU are: wellness support, paid volunteer time and opportunities and events that bring us together.
- Competitive comp, benefits, and work life programs
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, is best known as the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, truTV, Turner Sports, Great Big Story and so much more! With cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally. We tell the stories the world wants to hear.
Won't you be a part of our story?
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS