Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Digital Sales Planner, Great Big Story (GBS)Location New York, New York, United States Job ID 169995BR Apply Now
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Great Big Story
We’re a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. We call New York City home, but our camera-toting, curiosity-driven storytellers roam the globe. This here is our website, and you can also find us on your iPhone or Android device, in your Facebook feed and everywhere else you watch video.
Great Big Story is looking for a Sales Planner to work in our NY Office in Union Square. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of digital advertising and social media, and will be able to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment. Account Planning and Strategy will lead in the ideation and creation of strategic sales proposals, generating ideas and concepts to solve client goals that are deeply rooted in storytelling and insights.
- Lead in the creation of proposals for incoming RFPs by creating media plans to meet advertiser and category objectives.
- Collaborate and brainstorm across departments in the creation of proactive and strategic proposals.
- Develop strong understanding of GBS products and solutions for advertisers.
- Assist in the creation of effective go to market tools for the sales team.
- Work closely with Account Management team to ensure a smooth pass off from pre to post sale upon receiving insertion orders.
- Establish relationships with agency and advertiser partners.
- Ensure tracking of all custom products and non-turnkey solutions and ensure feasibility of execution by vetting through Creative and Ad Development teams.
- Ensure all approvals are acquired from relevant departments prior to sending out a proposal.
- Respond to Sales requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, and research.
- Ensure media plans include accurate pricing and utilize approved products and available inventory and adhere to defined business processes to ensure optimal program performance.
- Enter and manage insertion orders within internal sales operations systems and align with sellers on dollar discrepancies between internal sales operations systems.
- Enter media plan details into required proposal systems i.e. Mediavisor, Atlas, and Operative.
- 1-3 years experience working at a media agency or publisher managing a brand's digital advertising strategy and buying activities.
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry.
- Passionate about social media.
- Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with client interfacing role.
- Professional, polite, respectful and able to play well with others.
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate "big ideas".
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Keynote preferred.
- Familiarity with DoubleClick DFP, DFA, Atlas, Comscore Media Metrix, and Salesforce.com a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS