CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Digital Producer 2 – Fareed Zakaria Global BriefingLocation New York, United States Job ID 166599BR Apply Now
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
- Produce Fareed's Global Briefing, a daily CNN newsletter
- Duties involve searching a wide range of US and international news and commentary sites for stories to be edited and included in newsletter
- Work with CNN fact checkers, executive producer and GPS host to ensure accuracy, interest and balance of contributions
- Build newsletter using Mailchimp software
- Commission, edit and produce opinion pieces on international issues by current and former guests on the Fareed Zakaria GPS show and other commentators
- Manage social media for Fareed Zakaria, including promotion of weekly column and Sunday's show on Facebook and Twitter, cutting clips on SnappyTV of host's other appearances on CNN
- Work closely with GPS show team on potential elements for social promotion including show clips and graphics
- Serve as a reviewer of international op-eds for Opinion
- Review process includes checking overall flow, accuracy of copy and overall balance in op-eds submitted for review for CNN Opinion
- Create weekly GPS quiz for Sunday's newsletter
- Duties involve formulating questions tied to week's current events, selecting images from CNN's content management system and building the quiz in Apester
- Work collaboratively with programming and social teams at CNN Digital to optimize the posting and sharing of GPS-related content on all platforms
- Coordinate with audience development and newsletter marketing teams on promotional and growth opportunities for Global Briefing
- Attend regular GPS and Opinion team meetings and take part in other duties for both teams
What do we need from you?
- 6+ years of editorial experience at either a cable or broadcast network
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Capable of meeting deadline and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news - Must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, be editorially strong and have strong editorial awareness and judgment
- Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must
- Proficiency in using iNews or similar system
- Writing, editing and research skills are essential
- Proven excellent writing ability
- Demonstrated ability to generate and pitch ideas
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS