CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Design Director - HBO MaxLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 172176BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the world’s largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Sex in the City, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and so much more.
WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service created to bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news & entertainment reporting, and much more — all in one digital destination.
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The teams behind Warner Bros., Turner and HBO are coming together to redefine the future of entertainment. We're building a team of big thinkers to work on an end-to-end product experience that will revolutionize streaming and amplify the heart we all have for the stories our brands tell, and as product designer your role will be critical in shaping this future.
As Design Director, your focus is in creating beautiful pixel-perfect digital experiences that not only meet business & marketing needs, but also push the UI into innovative territory above and beyond the competition. You can create a well-thought design and add visual nuances utilizing color, hierarchy, animation and interaction and create a stunning interface that delights the user.
You understand technology and are always looking for the latest and greatest trends across all the digital products that touch your life and inspire your design choices. You want everything that comes from your hands to be beautiful and inspiring and enjoy a challenge This job isn't just about designing experiences that blow KPIs through the roof - it's also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand, millions of people, and the entertainment we all love.
- Develop strategy for product design and manage day to day operation of the product design organization.
- Manage and mentor an existing team of Product Designers.
- Partner with UX Research team to integrate customer feedback into design.
- Maintains a holistic view of the product and drive toward a simple and coherent experience.
- Drive new ideas into user research, stakeholder reviews, and prototypes all the way into our applications.
- Develop, present and defend ideas in front of the design, product and executive teams.
- Continuously strive to optimize our process to deliver design into engineering, while keeping the challenges of an agile design and engineering team in mind.
- Ensures Stash UX meets a minimum level of quality, drives innovative UI/visual thinking, provide vision, and strategic direction to the product design team.
- Be a great team leader that's able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years of Product Design experience for consumer brands on complex flows and use cases across customer journeys.
- 3+ years building and leading a highly effective design organization at a tech company that has shown excellence in product design.
- Strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems.
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs.
- Evidence of using research and data to steer design thinking.
- Point-of-view on how to create tools for design and prototyping.
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS