CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
News Editor/Producer - CNN, Image + SoundLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169648BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The primary job responsibility of the Creative Services Editor/Producer includes but is not limited to the following editing and producing responsibilities:
News production editing (day/week's stories or "features"), long-form documentary and program post production, stylized program elements (show opens, elements and teases) and complex and creative promotional content.
The Creative Services Editor/Producer incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing content while incorporating and adhering to defined editorial & journalistic standards.
S/he will collaborate on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking, meeting metadata requirements as well as producing & creating visual elements (video and graphical) and distinctive storytelling.
The Creative Services Editor/Producer fulfills these responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial and creative expertise in the craft of editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects. These responsibilities will be completed under traditional news production deadlines to present this content in a timely manner for each topical presentation.
Responsibilities will also include required administration and documentation support.
Training and Skill Enhancement: continuous skill enhancement on existing production platforms and creativity as well as training for proficient use of developing technology platforms is a job requirement to meet the primary job responsibility. This will be accomplished through on-line training resources, company sponsored training through Turner's PDC and BEST University departments as well as utilizing external vendors when specialized training is required. This is an ongoing job responsibility throughout the calendar year and throughout the Creative Services Editor/Producer's career with CNN s Image + Sound Creative Services department.
Must demonstrate leadership and participate in stretch assignments. S/he is expected to partner and collaborate with peers for previously mentioned production projects and production responsibilities, attending show meetings, story generation, scripting enhancements, video research, and involvement with department workgroups focusing on improved & developing workflows.
During breaking news events and as well as on occasion during regular production cycles there will be a nominal amount of non-craft editing of SOT/VO elements to enhance the breaking news as well as normal programming. S/he is also responsible for enhancing edited elements by those using proxy-based editing tools and inserting elements into completed items again to enhance the finished product before air.
- 2 years’ experience in a professional news environment or proven editorial judgment in an equivalent work environment.
- 2 years of demonstrated technical and creative expertise in editing and producing disciplines.
- Long Form documentary style editing includes finishing shows, including color correction and audio sweetening, experience with show open and promotional work.
- Design and compositing skills to craft a highly and visually stylized product.
- Prior CNN Image + Sound experience and or previous collaborative efforts, experience with existing CNN Creative Services tools, including but not limited to Final Cut Studio suite of tools, Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on After Effects, Visual Effects Plug-Ins; Sapphire, Boris, or others is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree (typically in Liberal Arts such as Journalism, Technical Production, English, Political Science, History or similar course work) or demonstrable and relevant professional work experience.
- The ideal candidate has a demonstrable interest and proficiency in the end-to-end video production workflow, including technical skill development/enhancements, traditional editorial based functions from story pitching, field production, scripting as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry and includes leadership, technical and editorial mentoring/coaching/training.
Learn more about our team here:
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS