Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Creative Executive - B/RLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 174907BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
The Creative Executive, Development, will be responsible for developing mid-and-long from content for Bleacher Report and external/internal third-party platforms and channels.
- This role will be responsible for the development of new, primarily unscripted/docuseries, but inclusive of scripted and animated series (and one-offs) for Bleacher Report.
- Responsibilities will include sourcing new, compelling ideas from relevant outside parties, hearing pitches, managing notes and ultimately taking projects from concept through delivery.
- It further includes overseeing and working in partnership with B/R's internal Programming team as well as third party platforms and channels on all relevant creative matters relating to the development of multiple, concurrent projects.
- Compensation B/R intends to attract a truly awesome Creative Executive, Development, and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package including an attractive base salary.
- Must have a track record of success, outstanding creative judgment and taste, and the ability to deftly manage talent and producers under high-pressure conditions
- A reasonable portfolio of content achievements that speak to taste and ability to execute from ideation through delivery
- A strong knowledge base in and passion for sports and sports storytelling
- Strong rolodex of / relationship with agents, producers, writers and production companies
- Strong relationship skills; collaborating with Programming and Production to achieve consensus and exceptional outcomes
- Critical understanding of social media, data and analytics and how they properly inform the development process
- Great eye for talent; with a strong lean towards emerging and digital first
- Superb communication, presentation, strategic, creative and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, driving proactive outcomes
- Proactive, tactful problem solver
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a content development executive
- BA/BS degree required
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS