CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Copy Editor, CNN International NYLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 170448BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Copy Editor must have a working knowledge of business news, international news, and political news and apply that knowledge under deadline pressure.
- The candidate should have a solid background in television production.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible enough to work as needed as a Copy Editor or as one of the lead writers on a shift.
- The Copy Editor is responsible for making sure scripts conform to the highest editorial standards, are factually accurate and fair, are grammatically correct and are written conversationally.
- The Copy Editor oversees a team of writers to ensure a program's scripts are completed in a timely way.
- The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Copy Editor is required for consideration.
- Candidates must possess an understanding of business and international news.
- The copy editor should have an ear to know what the anchor needs in scripts, and the flexibility to make scripts adapt.
- Strong broadcast writing skills are required.
- Excellent communication is necessary, including the ability and fortitude to give constructive feedback to writers.
- A familiarity with CNN style, font codes and font style is preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS