CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Coordinator - Program and Content Strategy, CNNLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 167447BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Program & Content Strategy team is where it all comes together! Live news, original series & films, special events, on-air talent, and linear & non-linear platforms intersect within this energetic, dynamic group responsible for CNN and HLN cross-platform scheduling strategy. In addition to developing content programming plans, this team manages the communication and distribution of program and schedule information internally and externally. In this role, you will work directly with the Manager, Program and Content Strategy in two distinct areas of focus: Non-Linear Programming -and- Talent Scheduling.
To be successful, this role requires someone who can move seamlessly between detailed-oriented projects for non-linear, and interpersonal situations for talent scheduling. For the non-linear part of the role, you will support efforts to make all of CNN and HLN's Original Series, specials, events, and news programming available on all non-linear platforms. Platforms include: VOD (ex: Comcast), OTT (CNNGo apps), EST (ex: iTunes) and SVOD (ex: Netflix).
For the talent scheduling part of the role, you will assist on all talent related logistics including anchor changes, vacation days, breaking news, events and more for over 30 network anchors and correspondents. The coordinator will help ensure that both CNN and HLN have 24/7 smooth and continuous anchor coverage.
This person will be helping do the following:
- Contributing to non-linear strategy execution for CNN and HLN content across platforms
- Inputs schedule information into the Radius and Turniverse non-linear scheduling programs
- Performs QC for all premiere and library content
- Maintains expanding library of original series and films by assisting in metadata update process
- Helps to communicate non-linear plans in meetings and prepare schedule docs and calendars for distribution
- Collaborates with Digital and Content Distribution teams on cross-department workflows for VOD and CNNgo platforms
- Works with Research team to track performance by providing detail on platform and develops ability to analyze and react to performance data Supports Talent Scheduling
- Tracks and records all anchor changes and PTO requests, updates anchor scheduling system and logs
- Assists in breaking news situations to book backup talent and flash studios for anchors in the field
- Works across the organization and develops relationships with show teams, talent, talent assistants and executives
- Fulfills ad-hoc requests from talent, bureau heads and assistants regarding PTO days Works with other members of the Program & Content Strategy teams on departmental projects
- Contributes to the team's metadata efforts with a focus on digital show descriptions, images and updating existing metadata to be universally searchable
- Helps to develop the SmartView schedule platform's new talent schedule integration
- Monitors the competitive environment, anniversaries/events, and industry trends through the lens of non-linear and OTT platforms
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President including but not limited to: calendar management, expense reports, conference room booking, document preparation and IT setup for all department meetings
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree in media, communications and/or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in television, media or a related field
- Understanding of television, non-linear platforms and news media
- Must be well-organized and able to thrive in a fast-faced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS