CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Commerce Writer - CNN UnderscoredLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 169369BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Commerce Writer will support the editorial efforts of CNN Digital's commerce initiatives, focused on producing content for the e-commerce site, CNN Underscored. In this role, the Commerce Writer will be tasked with finding great deals, services, gadgets, and crafting carefully curated product reviews across a variety of verticals. Working closely with the Business Development team, the Commerce Writer will have the opportunity to pursue various topics and also assist with an editorial calendar based on the largest retail events, sales, and relevant trending products and services. The individual will develop content that fits with the CNN Underscored audience but encouraged to test new creative angles on content coverage.
- Extensively research, write, and produce commerce related content
- Responsible for generating revenue via affiliates programs
- Responsible for duties across market research, editorial, image sourcing, production, and content strategy
- Work closely with 3rd party commerce partners in order to optimize articles and develop specific strategies that works best with the CNN audience
- Ability to track posts in affiliate analytics and apply learnings to future articles
- Experiment each day to boost readership and conversion rates
- Leverage audience demographics and site audience information in order to determine variety of articles to write Level of Responsibilities/Accountability & Scope
- Strong sense of latest digital and commerce trends Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals
- Operates within the context of defined procedures
What do we need from you?
- College Degree
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in writing commerce related content and editing, and a strong interest in ecommerce
- Passion for finding the best products and deals
- Flawless grammar & spelling
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position. This person must be very detail oriented, organized and have strong communication skills
- Position reports in to Senior Director of Business Development
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS