Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Audio Visual Support TechnicianLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 168336BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia, whose businesses include HBO, Warner Bros, Turner and Otter Media is a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks, film, TV entertainment, and direct to consumer offerings and uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package, and deliver high-quality content worldwide through multiple distribution outlets.
WarnerMedia Group (formerly Time Warner Inc.) was acquired by AT&T in June 2018, a world leader in communications, media and entertainment, and technology. With the acquisition of Time Warner, AT&T is building a truly modern media company that will create the best entertainment and communications experiences in the world.
The Broadcast Support AV team supports the on-going needs of AV technical support to clients in conference room settings, works collaboratively with other departments with a goal of providing responsive and effective service, provides personalized assistance, resolving client needs for meetings and events as well as client requests, ensuring high standards of customer service. The Broadcast Support AV team provides strategies and determines direction for A/V solutions using current and emerging technologies through research and proactive management of vendor relationships to recommend technologies aimed to improve stability, usability and operability of the company’s A/V technologies.
***Multiple openings*** Provide daily AV technical support to its business units in conference room settings, work collaboratively with other departments with a goal of providing responsive and effective service, provide personalized assistance, resolving client needs for events; providing fast and accurate responses to client requests, ensuring high standards of customer service.
- Ability to interact professionally across all organizational levels
- Strong customer and organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with immediate team (good team player)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Areas of work include, but not limited to:
- Review event requests with each client and make recommendations accordingly
- Collaborate with internal Facilities Management to facilitate client requests
- Support audio and video for live in house events
- Run audio consoles during live events
- Route audio and video signals
- Assist talent and producers during live events
- Coordinate requests for senior executives and provide on-site support during these meetings
- Perform basic preventive maintenance of the digital AV equipment and engage external vendors and internal resources as necessary
- Keep management in the loop on all escalations
- Support Videoconferencing and telepresence endpoints
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve and enhance Audio Visual and multimedia collaboration technologies
- Experience with live broadcast and production a plus
- Provide support for IPTV and DirectTV Set Top Boxes
- Knowledge on most endpoints while analyzing the interoperability for Polycom and or Cisco infrastructures
- Skilled with MS Office programs, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote software to assist presenters with simple adjustments
- Participate in root-cause analysis of technical issues to assist with the resolution of trouble tickets
- Provide technical assistance and training to all other AV Supports Analysts
- Provide Support and assistance to AV related projects
- Perform remote testing with colleagues in local and regional offices to ensure continuity between sites/locations prior to meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in technology field or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of operational role experience
- Willingness to work flexible hours and occasional weekends and holidays
- Self-starter with ability to follow through with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies as the industry grows
- Have a working knowledge of Fusion RoomView
- Knowledge of microphones, audio consoles, audio equalization, and audio attenuation
- Knowledge of cameras, video matrix switchers, different video formats and aspect ratios
- Familiarized with high-end screening room technologies and projectors
- Knowledge of Video Conference Systems and related video network bridging
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Overnight stays for weather
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS